Sunday, September 7, 2008

Betty Freakin' Crocker

Today I made my Mom proud. I spent 3 hours in the kitchen making 3 kinds of soups and 2 casseroles to put in the freezer for easy meals. This took a major trip to the grocery store; lots of chopping, sauteing, browning, and simmering; and resulted in an obscene amount of dirty dishes. About halfway into this ordeal I was cursing myself for thinking this was a good idea. However, as I sit here now with a clean kitchen, a house that smells like the set of the food network, and enough in my freezer for 8 meals, I feel pretty fabulously domestic!


6 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

Yikes! I am so impressed. I start to think about dinner when Lee gets home. Can I have your recipes and your grocery list?

Robyn said...

Hey Betty Crocker, did you hear I'm moving to Iowa? I'm 100% available if you want to come and make MY house smell like a Food Network set. I'm just sayin'...

Blog Stalker said...

Hey Maggie! Guess which town Blogyn is moving to in IA?

Maggie said...

which one?

Blog Stalker said...

one very near Mike's hometown. one that is also home to a rather large soccer complex...

Maggie said...

I was just in that town this past weekend.