Tuesday, February 24, 2009

16 weeks and kicking, well not yet but hopefully soon!

So things with Baby McGill are progressing pretty smoothly. I had an appointment with Dr. Bedia today (my regular OB) and everything looked good. It took the nurse a little while to find the heartbeat with the microphone (which caused excessive panic for Mike and I) but once she found it it came in at a strong 160 beats per minute. I've had a long talk with the baby and requested that at future appointments it would be great if he/she would get into prime heartbeat listening position so that we don't have to panic.
The only problem I've been having is pretty frequent headaches which Dr. Bedia said is partially a symptom of pregnancy but could be made worse by stress. He said if it is bad enough he could arrange for me to see a neurologist, but at this point I think I will just try Tylenol and to be a little less whiny.
We have our next appointment on March 10 which will be an ultrasound with Dr. Drake (the high risk perinatologist). We should be able to find out the sex that day, yeah!

5 comments:

jjames said...

i'm glad to hear s/he's already messing with you guys... my kinda kid. i am not glad to hear about the headaches. whine all you want. call me and whine when mike's had enough. ;)

love and miss yous! mwah.

Kers said...

I have a friend who had bad headaches until 4 1/2 - 5 months with all 3 of her pregnancies. Does that make you feel better or worse? Glad that he/she is cooking right on schedule and 160 - doesn't that mean a girl since it's high?

Rooney's Little Musings said...

So happy for you Maggie! I'm so glad to hear everything is going well!!!

Kers said...

Hey - one week until you tell us who's in there. Just wanted you to know I'm excited :)

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you are planning to determine the sex?????? Please let me know asap because I plan to wardrobe this beautiful little McGill through highschool and into college. I'm starting now.
I love you!!
The photo of Harvey on the heating pad is ... well I can't find the words. I want him. Now.
laura