This morning we went to Howell Family Farm and Pumpkin Patch in Cummings, IA. It had been recommended by some people I work with and it was definitely worth the trip. I had heard it was pretty expensive, but we were able to do everything there (including the pony ride) for $16 total. Plus, we got some great pictures out of it! There are a lot, beware...

Waiting for the tractor ride to take us out to the pumpkin patch and corn maze.

"Mom, I found one!"

There weren't too many pumpkins left in the patch because tomorrow is their last day of the season, but we managed to find enough for a picture.

On a hunt for more pumpkins.

They had these really cool pedal go-karts and we were able to take Molly on our lap. The track winds through part of the corm maze. It was really fun.

Wheeeee!

Waiting for the tractor to take us back to the farm. This was taken about 7 seconds before a catastrophic fall from this bench. Don't worry, it was nothing a few raisins couldn't fix.

We took this is a big trailer full of pumpkins with a sign on it that said "Please don't sit or climb in trailer." Oops.

Oops again.

No. Words. So. Sweet.

I would like you to know I worked up a sweat trying to get her to stand in front of this stupid height chart for a picture. This was the best we could get.

This was in the corn bin, which is like a giant sandbox filled with corn. It was really fun, I may or may not have climbed into it myself. Molly would have stayed there for days. She loved it.

I didn't get a good picture of the whole thing but it was huge and like 2 feet deep and they filled it with shovels and buckets and pans and dump trucks. Molly is requesting that Grandpa Mac build one of these at the farm for her.

Quick ride on a duck.

Biggest tire swing ever!

I love this picture, even if Molly isn't looking at the camera.

Peek!

Her legs weren't quite long enough to sit on this tractor the traditional way, but she improvised and was quite proud of herself.

Time for the pony ride. Molly picked this sweet little horse, Sandy, who let Molly pull her mane and pet her nose.The guy running the thing was pretty awesome too. He kept calling Molly Little Darlin'.

She was a natural!

"Daddy, this is so fun! Can I get one of these at home?"

Clearly I was more focused here on avoiding piles of horse poop than on keeping Molly upright.

Thanks Sandy!

A couple of attempts at a Family Picture.

She had had it with pictures by this point and was ready for lunch.
We had such a fun day and I would definitely recommend Howell's to anyone living in the Des Moines Area. They also have a really awesome gift shop that I didn't allow myself to linger in and they have a tree farm at Christmas. Also, the staff was really friendly. (It kind of seems like they should hire me for PR huh?)
Thanks Howell's!
1 comment:
that picture of you and molly is gorgeous, fyi.
excellent PR. am i too big to ride the ponies?
Post a Comment