Today was the perfect mother's day. I have never done anything as important, fun, challenging, heart breaking, rewarding, wonderful as being a mom and I feel so lucky to have my family. We didn't do anything too crazy, but the older I get the more that appeals to me. This post might be boring, but I want to be able to look back and remember how we spent the day.
First we went out for pancakes at our favorite place, The Drake Diner. I forgot my camera, but we had a lot of fun and it was delicious as usual.
Then we came home to work around the house. The funny thing is, even a year ago I would have thought that sounded so boring, but I am really digging that kind of stuff these days. Must be that big, bad 30th birthday looming. Anyway, I planted my window boxes and we got some new furniture to create a little seating area out front. I think we will be spending a lot of time in the driveway/front yard this summer because it is where all of Molly's favorite toys and activities are. Molly was a BIG help while planting.

Showing me her shorts. She's a mess!

Oh the hair. She hates having her hair done so most days I just get that one little ponytail on the top to keep it out of her face. Today with the wind and the dirt and the runny nose she was such a mess so I grabbed the rest of her hair and threw it in a ponytail in the back. Thankfully she is too young to be embarrassed of my hairstyling skills. It is so strange because I was an awesome Barbie hairstyler, although to be fair the Barbie's never gave me quite so much lip, nor did I have to pin Barbie between my legs like I was hog wrestling.

I don't even know what to say about this picture.

Our newly created seating area. Chairs and table from Target.

I went to Earl May for the plants and pots and stuff. I asked the saleslady for help and told her my only criteria was something that is colorful and hard to kill. I think they look pretty.

One of my window boxes. I am starting an herb garden because I am sick of spending $5 a week on fresh herbs when sometimes I only need a little bit.

My other flower box has Gerber daisies and Vinca Vine.

After nap it was time to get out the water table. We got this out yesterday for the first time this season and she is loving it. She ends up pouring most of the water on herself, but it keeps her really occupied.

She was 'helping' Mommy by transferring water from her table to my flowers.

Action shot.

I also got a lovely surprise in the form of a flower delivery today. These are so pretty and springy and smell so nice.

Here is the card from my sister and brother-in-law. So nice and a great compliment. Thanks guys, I love you.
So there you have it, Mother's Day 2011. Nothing earth shattering, just a nice spring day spent with my two favorite people.
No comments:
Post a Comment