Thursday, July 14, 2011

The summer so far in pictures

We have been having lots of fun adventures around here this summer and I admit I am not very good about remembering to bring the camera. I am much more likely to take a picture with my phone so there are lots of good ones on there, but I haven't figured out how to put those on the computer yet. So here are the limited pictures I have taken so far this summer.


This was this morning at Gray's Lake. Molly loves water, just like her Mommy and had fun running around the path. She also climbed a tree for the first time (or I set her up in a tree and snapped a quick picture while hoping she didn't fall out).


These next pictures are from the 4th of July. We went back to Grandview which has become a fun yearly tradition. Molly enjoyed playing with her cousins and most of the parade, although she could have done without the sirens and clowns.











We also took a fun trip to Chicago to visit the Mead's. I took exactly one picture the whole weekend. Fail! But at least it was a cute one of Molly and cousin Lauren outside the Shedd Aquarium.


Molly is following in Daddy's footsteps and has discovered a love for Oreo's.


She is also into the book Pinkalicious and calls it the cupcake book. She is very interested in cupcakes and so we made some and I let her decorate them. The funny part is she doesn't like to eat the cupcakes. Her exact words are "Don't yike it!" So we packed them up and delivered them to friends and family.






Playdoh has also been a favorite activity this summer. It has been a test of my controlling tendencies to let her do what she wants with the Playdoh and use the tools as she wants to use them instead of how they are 'supposed' to be used. :-)




The zoo has been another favorite outing this summer. She especially loves the giraffes and everythime we see a giraffe on TV or signs or in books she says "I saw him other day." She also loves riding the train at the zoo. It is a real highlight!






So there you have it, our summer in pictures. I am glad we are going to be home for the next several weeks as we have had lots of travel lately. Next weekend is Molly's birthday and so we have lots of family coming in for that and I have some major party planning to get done! We also have a visit from Gammy and Lumpy coming up and in September a trip to Colorado. Lots to look forward to. Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

liz Young said...

She looks so old in these pictures! What a cutie.

mini and brother said...

She is so big and cute! I love all the pictures especially the cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. she looks so much older than she did just a couple of months ago!! love the update!

The Lynam's said...

Fun fun! We should get them together at the zoo before I go back to work :(. Got your msg that day...how is sleeping going? Ours could be better...