Monday, October 24, 2011

Molly-ism's








Okay, first of all can we all just take a minute and look at these pictures and wonder where my baby went and who is this big kid sent to replace her? She's been rockin' the braided pigtails lately and she just looks so old to me! The last picture is the face I get when she gets annoyed with me asking her to say cheese.


There are a lot of words that Molly says wrong that I think are so cute and I wanted to write them here so I can remember. I don't know what proper parenting etiquette requires, whether I should be trying to teach her the right way to say these things, but for now I just think it is so cute.

In Molly-ese L's come out as a Y sound, C and K come out like a T, and G's sound like D. This in itself creates some cute phrases. My Dad is known as Lumpy and one of Molly's favorite places to sit is on Yumpy's Yap. Also I am so thankful it is fall because the way she says Pun-tin is so cute and there are an abundance of opportunites to hear that throughout the day. Other words I love are her-bade (parade), her-prise (surprise), mato-mato (tomato), tin-ta-bell (tinkerbell). Oh also, she has learned that talking about poop can sometimes get a funny response from others and I have been working with her on when something is appropriate so now she will say something about poop and follow that up with "That is app-o-pi-ate Mommy." Funny, funny girl!




No comments: