Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Save The Date

After much thought and discussion with our doctors we have decided to do a scheduled c-section for this little guy. At my last appointment we set the date for Wednesday February 8th. I can't believe that is only 5 weeks away!! I am so excited to meet him, but am also anxious about all of the changes that this will bring for Molly and hope we can make it a smooth transition for her.
The pregnancy is going pretty well aside for some gallbladder issues, but throughout that stuff baby boy has continued to grow strong and healthy. This is the point in my pregnancy with Molly that I started to get really anxious and while it is better this time around, I definitely worry more now. Thankfully I am getting weekly non-stress tests that provide good reassurance.
My total weight gain with this pregnancy has only been 4 pounds which i would never believe had I not been weighed weekly at the doctor because I feel HUGE. I'm sure it has to do with the dietary restrictions from the gallbladder stuff but my joke has been that I hope I'll look like Kate Moss after I give birth!
Molly is getting pretty excited for her brother to get here. She talks a lot about all of the things she will teach him and all of the toys she will show him. She likes to lift up my shirt and listen to him swimming. She also likes coming up with new names for him, usually something silly based on what Mike and I are talking about at the moment. I'm not sure she fully understands how much things will change when we actually bring him home, but I am hopeful that she will feel secure in our love for her and her place in the family. My favorite recent funny thing she said was last night when I was cooking dinner. I was wearing a new apron that my Mom gave me for Christmas and she had been going on and on about how beautiful it was and how much she liked it and all of a sudden she got this very concerned look on her face and said "But wait, I can't see my baby brother!"
Okay, enough babbling. Hopefully I'll be back later today with some pictures from our Wells family Christmas.

1 comment:

Blog Stalker said...

Hurray! That will be the best birthday present I could ever hope to receive. Also, c-sections are the greatest thing in the world. I have nothing but good things to say about them after having two myself.

Also, thanks for helping me remember his birthday (one year, one month, and one day after Teddy)! I love you.