Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Girl

We had a nice day for Molly's birthday today.  She got to open presents when she woke up from Gammy and Lumpy and got the all important Pony Train that she has been talking about for months.  Then we spent some time at the mall, where else do you go when it's 105 degrees outside.  Came home for naps and playing with new toys and then I let her choose whatever she wanted for dinner and her refined palate chose a Happy Meal from McDonald's.  I let her eat it on the Happy Birthday musical cake platter, which thrilled her to no end.  We're pretty fancy around here.  Then she had to learn a lesson in patience as we made her wait to open her presents from us while I ran Max into the doctor's office to get his never ending pink eye looked at.  She had a bath and put on new jammies and was ready to go for the last round of present opening.  We gave her a new scooter and she had a great time cruising around the kitchen.  Here are some pictures and video of our birthday girl.  I can't believe she is 3 already, time really is flying by and I feel so lucky to be her Mom.  She is kind and smart and funny.  In this past year she has started a new daycare setting, which was a challenge but now she is thriving.  She moved out of her baby room and crib and into a big girl room.  She became a big sister and I am never more proud of her than when she is being sweet with Max and making him smile.  She is done with diapers and doing great in big girl underwear.  She is shy with new people and other kids until she feels comfortable and then you can't shut her up.  She loves to sing and dance and make people laugh.  I could go on and on, but you get the idea.  I love her lots.  









No comments: