Sunday, August 31, 2008

Miss Stephanie


This is a picture of my darling niece Stephanie (she is Mike's sister Melissa's daughter). They live here in Des Moines so we are lucky to get to spend lots of time with them. She is 5 so she is the right age to have been really excited about the baby. The whole time I was pregnant she liked to talk to my tummy and help think of names. When we lost the baby her Mom and Grandma were worried about what she would say to me, but I made sure she knew she could ask me anything. She came over the day we got home from the hospital and walked right up to me and looked from my face to my tummy about 5 times. Then she said "Aunt Maggie, do you miss your baby?" And I said "Yeah I do." She replied, "Me too." Then she said in a very life-is-so-not-fair tone of voice "I didn't even get to play with him." It really made me smile.

2 comments:

Kers said...

I love kids for saying what's on their hearts and minds. What a sweetie!

Robyn said...

Oh! What a precious girl.