I have been struggling with knowing what to put on this blog lately because I feel like it should be funny and witty anecdotes about my life, but the truth is William still occupies my thoughts most of the time. It is a very weird phenomenon because my life from the outside looks much like it did before I was pregnant, in fact if you didn't know me before you probably wouldn't even know I was pregnant. But on the inside I am profoundly changed and it is very hard to reconcile these two things. I don't want to stop thinking about him and I don't want people to stop asking because then he will be gone, but at the same time it is hard to bring up your recently still born baby in daily conversations.
So, although this is not a funny and witty anecdote, it is where I am now and that's the best I can do.
On another note...
I was blog-surfing last night and found a real gem. It is written by a woman that has been through a very similar situation as I have with losing a baby boy at 30 weeks. I spent several hours reading it from the beginning and it was a very surreal experience. She describes so many thoughts, feelings and experiences that I have had. I can't even tell you how comforting it was to read her words because she has the guts to say so many of the things I haven't been able write. She is now pregnant with her third child (first was an early miscarriage, second was Henry born still earlier this year). She is understandably very nervous and would probably appreciate any prayers sent her way.
Check it out if you have time.
http://rooneyslittlemusings.blogspot.com/
3 comments:
Maggie, I haven't stopped thinking about you. I just don't know what to write to you so I have stayed silent. Probably not the best thing.
I also know that I'm not in a situation that you find comfortable in and I get that.
I will read anything that you put out. And I will cry along with you any day of the week.
Love you Maggie. I just spent an hour reading all that blog. I am so sorry for your hurt. I wish I could take it from you.
I am praying for you, that God would comfort you and give you peace.
Maggie,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to me that you appreciated what I have written. So much of the time I don't know what I'm writing...
It it so difficult to go through this. I know it helps me to know that I am not alone.
If you ever need to talk, please email me.
Your sister in sorrow,
Rhonda
Post a Comment