Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby gets confused...

So we spent all day Saturday getting baby's room ready. We put togther the crib, moved around furniture, washed her clothes, etc. It was a fun day. That night as I was laying around (I mean accomplishing a lot of important tasks) I started having contractions. They never got to be too painful, but they were pretty regular and consistent. I really hesitated calling the doctor because of my fear of sounding crazy or being annoying to them, but eventually I did and he suggested that I come in and get checked, just to be safe. On the way to the hospital I convinced myself that I was imagining the contractions and was just worried. You see, we lost William the same week we got the room ready for him so there were all sorts of weird thoughts occurring in my head, like "I jinxed this healthy baby by preparing her room!" Anyway, we got to the hospital and I got hooked up to the monitor and guess what? I was actually having contractions, I'm not nuts! They checked my cervix and it is still closed tight and there was no leaking of fluid so after about an hour on the monitor they decided to give me an injection of something (I forget the name but it starts with a T) and that stopped the contractions. I got to go home with instructions to rest on Sunday. No big deal. Dr. Bedia said this is normal for being 31 weeks pregnant and might happen again. After much thinking about it and wondering if I did something to cause the contractions, I realized that baby just got confused. I mean we spent the whole day getting ready for her, so logically she thought it must be time to come out. We've had a nice long talk about how she needs a few more weeks in the cooker and I think things will be fine from here on out.

6 comments:

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Same thing happened here! So glad to hear you are doing so well.

Continued prayers coming your way!

Kers said...

Turbutaline(sp?) - I had it with Hank. So glad she & your uterus calmed down :) Do we get to see room pics?

Kiki said...

So glad everything is all good!

Don't ever be worried about annoying them, you're paying them!

Pics of the room?!

jjames said...

oooh... i like all these ideas about nursery pics. she's just a little anxious. i hear that's how it is with the super-precocius ones. :)

Andy says: KEEP COOKIN' THAT BABY. we like our steaks mid-rare and our babies well done.

p.s. got the card today. giggled. outloud. oh fresh ink, why are you the best line hallmark ever invented?

Blog Stalker said...

Silly Girl. Quit trying to confuse her. Tell her Aunt Karoline will be patient and she needs to be too. I love her already.

liz Young said...

how stressful! i'm glad everything worked out. i can't wait to see the nursery pics.