The biggest event was the birth of my nephew, Oliver Ethan Wells on May 22, 2009. He arrived 9 days after his due date by C-section as he decided to flip into a breech position after labor had been induced. His mama (Amanda) was brave and beautiful through it all and he is extremely lucky to have such loving parents in Charlie and Amanda. We got to be in town the day he was born and got to spend some precious time with the new family at the hospital. It was all I could do not to steal him and bring him back to Iowa and I can't wait to see him again in August. Here are a couple of pictures.
Me, Oliver, Annie (my sister) and Charlie (my brother and the proud Daddy)
Oliver Ethan Wells just a few hours old
Also while we were in Kansas my Mom and sister hosted a lovely baby shower for me. It was really nice, the food was great, and I had a great time. Thanks guys. While at the shower I had my Dad take a belly shot, so here you go Jessie.
One of the guests at the shower was Jordan, my very best friend from middle school/high school. She drove up from Oklahoma with her darling 7 month old son Will and spent the night with us. It was so special to be able to spend time with her, and Will is hands down the happiest baby I have ever met. He laughed and smilied constantly and completely fell in love with Mike. It was really sweet and made me excited to watch Mike as a Dad. Thanks for coming Jordan, love you!
My final bit of exciting news is that we have another new member of my family, my cousin John and his wife Lindsay welcomed their son John Thomas (Jack) into the world on May 26th. We got to go meet him last weekend and he is seriously cute. He has the longest arms and legs of any newborn I have ever seen and looks an awful lot like his Daddy. Lindsay and John are doing a great job as Mommy and Daddy and we are very happy to have Jack in our family.

So, there you have it. I must say that all of these new babies are making me very impatient for this little girl to get here, although I know she needs a few more weeks in the oven. As Mike says, we are hoping for at least medium-well if not well-done.
So, there you have it. I must say that all of these new babies are making me very impatient for this little girl to get here, although I know she needs a few more weeks in the oven. As Mike says, we are hoping for at least medium-well if not well-done.
As for this little girl, things are progressing very well. I am at 30 weeks and am growing rapidly. I have another ultrasound scheduled for this Thursday, I'll post pictures if we get any. We are getting ready around here, bought the car seat this past weekend and are going to get the nursery in order this weekend.
Thanks for checking in!
4 comments:
I'm going on record to say that you may be the most darling pregnant lady I've ever seen.
THANKS for such a great update! LOVE YOU!!! (and mike and harvey and the baby bean too....)
Thank you for updating. Keep it up.
So exciting...thanks for updating. I keep asking Kerstin if Maggie is doing okay : )
such wonderful new additions to your life, maggie! nieces and nephews always special arrivals. i cant wait to meet your little girl in due time!
Post a Comment