Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scenes from a 32nd Birthday

Today is Mike's birthday. Since I have to work tonight Molly and I decided to throw him a little surprise party last night. It wasn't much, but hopefully enough to let him know how thankful we are for him. (I know some of these pictures aren't great, I got a new camera for Christmas and haven't had a chance to really figure out how to work it very well).


Presents!



Using Molly's easel for decorations.


I made this for Mike when we first got married and he really loves it. It is from a Campbell's Soup cookbook and I always make it for his birthday or other times I am trying to be a nice wife.



The finished product, simmering away and making the house smell good for when Daddy gets home.


(Not so) patiently waiting for Daddy to get home from work with the balloon she picked out.



Getting a little help with presents.


New video game, hopefully he'll have time to play it with a new baby coming.


Modeling a new t-shirt from Peacetree Brewery.


The infamous spinning musical birthday plate with a (store bought) peach pie.



So cute!


Blowing out the candles.


Okay Daddy, your party's over can we play with my toys now?


By 8:30 Molly was asleep in bed, Mike was working on his laptop for work and I was reading a book. Not quite a raging party, but we had fun celebrating Daddy. Each year we are married I get more and more thankful that he is my partner in this adventure. Even though I'm not able to show him in the exciting ways I used to be able to (meeting the Eagles, surprise trips to Cardinal's games), I hope he knows how much he means to this family. Happy birthday Mikey, leftovers are in the fridge for your dinner tonight. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was done by the time i hit the picture with her at the door and the balloon. done, i tell ya.

(p.s. am i the only one who likes to buy my significant other video games because he loves them, and then gets annoyed when he plays them? yes? sigh.)

Jen B. said...

L-O-V-E the picture of Molly looking at the spinning birthday pie - the look on her face is absolutely adorable! Ok, Mike's face is adorable too!

Maggie said...

Jessie--- Yes, that does happen at our house too. Although considering it's been over a year since mike turned the machine on, I'm hoping to have more understanding.

Anonymous said...

glad i'm not the only one. zelda entered our household this christmas. i'm already not a fan of him. her? it? hmmm.