Sunday, May 4, 2008

New York state of mind...

Mike and I took a vacation last week to New York city. It was my first time there and we had a great time. We stayed with our good friends Chris and Sarah. While we were there we saw a Broadway show (Spring Awakening--excellent!), a Mets game, a Yankees game, and did lots of sightseeing. I must say I was a little bit overwhelmed by some parts of the city, especially Times Square. But I loved the smaller neighborhoods like Greenwich Village, Chelsea, and Little Italy. I also really loved Central Park. Here are some pictures from our trip.

Chris, Mike and Sarah after the Mets game
Mike and I on a Circle Line boat cruise around Manhattan
We won free tickets to the David Letterman show
(Patrick Dempsey was one of the guests and most of the women in the audience were excited because of Grey's Anatomy but I was thinking about Can't Buy Me Love)
Central Park
Yankees game

On a much sadder note our friend Sarah learned on our last day in New York that her dad had been shot and killed on his farm in Centerville, IA. As you can imagine this has been incredibly difficult for Sarah and her family. Please say a prayer to help them through this time.

1 comment:

Blog Stalker said...

It looks like you had a blast. I am so sorry about your friend's dad.