So a few weeks ago I let Mike talk me into getting the game Rock Band. Now I'm not sure how many of you know about this game, but basically it is like Karoke, except for there are drums, a lead guitar, a bass guitar and vocals. You play along to a variety of songs and can form your own band and the better you play the more fans you get and then the more gigs (that's right, I said gigs, some people were just born to rock) you can play. I am pretty sure that this game was designed and marketed to people much younger than Mike and I but we are sort of addicted. We have come to learn our strengths as musicians (I am a phenomenal bass guitarist and couldn't play the drums to save my life and Mike is pretty much good at all of them). Sometimes I worry that our neighbors will see into our windows at night and see us jamming out on fake guitars and dancing around and have us committed. But, it is a really great distraction from real life and it is kind of fun to unleash your inner rock star.
ROCK ON!
3 comments:
Do you guys have a sweet name for your band?
we are currently in discussions to name the band. we can't seem to come up with the right name so right now we are temporarily the Big Mike McG band. any suggestions?
OH MY GOODNESS, Maggie, you and I might be long lost relatives. I've been playing it at our friends' house and I can't get enough. Don't be surprised when Lance and I show up at your doorstep someday ready to ROCK. ;)
Post a Comment