So that's it in terms of the recent days of our lives. We are taking a trip to Chicago next weekend to visit Mike's sister Jessica and her family so stay tuned for next weeks edition.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
A visit from the in-laws
This past weekend, Mike's parents Mac and Nancy came to visit for a night. I am very lucky in terms of the in-laws I wound up with and truly enjoy spending time with them. And no, I am not just saying that to suck up because I know they sometimes read this blog. I really do like them! So I decided that this year I would bake Mike a pie, his all-time favorite dessert, for our anniversary. I have never attempted this before, mostly because the women in his family are award-winning pie bakers (seriously, I've seen the ribbons). Knowing that Nancy would be in town I waited until she got here so that she could walk me through it. So here it is, my first attempt at a pie. I don't really like pie so I am not a good judge of the quality, but Mike and his parents assured me it was good, despite it looking like someone chewed around the edges. Hopefully practice will make a little more perfect.
So that's it in terms of the recent days of our lives. We are taking a trip to Chicago next weekend to visit Mike's sister Jessica and her family so stay tuned for next weeks edition.
So that's it in terms of the recent days of our lives. We are taking a trip to Chicago next weekend to visit Mike's sister Jessica and her family so stay tuned for next weeks edition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment