Saturday, August 1, 2009
At home with Molly
It's been a fun and exhausting first week at home with Miss Molly. We are so incredibly blessed by her and love her completely. She is very patient with her Mommy and Daddy who are slowly but surely learning how to be parents. I remember thinking when I was pregnant how I would do all of these lengthy blog posts about all of the cute things she is doing and all of my feelings as a new mommy, but that will have to wait for now as I only have 45 minutes until she has to eat again and I still need a shower. Hopefully time management is one of those things that gets easier. For now, here are a few pictures from her first week at home.
Here she is on her first stroller ride. We walked down the street to a coffee shop with Molly and Harvey. She loved it!
Molly's future partner in crime Lulu and her Mom came for a visit. It was lots of fun to watch Lulu play, she certainly isn't lacking any personality! She wasn't too interested in Molly, but I'm sure in a few years they'll be best friends. We really appreciated Lulu and Karoline driving all the way to Des Moines to visit.
My mom, Molly's Gammy, was able to be here for our first week at home. She was a huge help and an even bigger comfort for me, Mike and Molly. Several tears were shed upon her departure and we can't wait to see her again in a few weeks.
Molly had some jaundice when we left the hospital so she had to be hooked up to a BiliBlanket for her first 3 days at home. It made things a little bit awkward as she had to be plugged in for a while, but I am happy to report that her levels have gone down and she is now wireless!
Here she is having her first bath. The first one was a little bit awkward with Mommy and Daddy trying to figure out how to wrangle a slippery little baby and keep her happy at the same time. But, by the second bath a few days later we had it all figured out. As long as one of us continuously pours warm water over her, she is quite content. In fact during the second bath she was so relaxed that she pooped in the tub and then proceeded to fall asleep. It was hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have tears in my eyes because I'm so joyful for you guys! Those precious days with a newborn are unforgettable.
Post a Comment