Monday, August 10, 2009
bump in the road
Sorry for the lack of cute Molly pictures. We experienced a little bump in the road and have been out of commission for the last week. Last Sunday night Molly had a fever and was acting quite sick so we took her to the ER. I was convinced they would tell us we were being nervous first time parents, but 3 hours, a spinal tap, a catheter and an IV later we were admitted to Blank Children's Hospital for 6 days. It turns out she had a urinary tract infection, which is normal in females, but in babies that little requires massive IV antibiotics. We are home now and she is doing fine, in fact you'd never know she was sick. I think the whole experience was more traumatic for Mommy and Daddy than it was for Molly. So, this week we will work on trying to create some normalcy around here and hopefully no more trips to the hospital! I'll get some new pictures up as soon as I replace my camera battery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so glad to hear that everything is okay with miss molly! give her a big kiss for me and let's talk soon about getting together!
gosh- i feel like a jerk for requesting pictures. i had no idea... glad to hear she's feeling better.
Oh I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how scary and stressful that whole experience was!
I am so glad things are o.k. now.
Have fun with Molly, and update us when you can.
I'm so sorry to hear that! Medical stuff can be so scary and draining. Glad she's doing better and hope you guys have recovered too.
No pressure, but I heard there were planned outfit changes at a recent wedding. any pictures of said event?
Have you found your camera battery yet? I am still waiting.
Post a Comment